[TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDX rotors

Frank Mayer domino at worldlynx.net
Mon Feb 16 12:56:34 EST 2004

My vote goes to the Yaesu.  I used to use a Tailtwister with a Mosely Pro-67B and a month after I installed it the position meter in the control box would jump all around due to a bad position pot in the rotor.  I didn't like the stupid brake setup either.  The design is rather outdated in my opinion.   The Yaesu is much faster, lighter, has the preset feature and can rotate 450 degrees.   The 1000 has been turning a Force12 C-36XR now for 4 years here in New Jersey with no problems.
Frank WY3D