[TowerTalk] Grounding Rod Lenght

Alan Beagley AB2OS at att.net
Tue Feb 17 08:19:23 EST 2004

At what point does one bond the lightning and RF grounds to the utility
company's ground? I have read "at the service entrance panel"; does that
mean I have to bring a conductor from the lightning/RF grounds into the
building to connect to the ground bus in the panel, or can I clamp it to
the conduit (after scraping down to bare metal) that comes out of the
ground and up to the meter, or to the conduit leading from the meter
into the panel (more difficult because all that is accessible outside
the building is a fitting with no flat service allowing for convenient
clamping)? Or . . . ?

Also: I see no sign of a ground conductor from our recently installed
DirecTV dish. I assume that this should have been grounded too?

Alan AB2OS

On 02/15/04 02:18 pm mcduffie at actcom.net put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace: