[TowerTalk] Can I get a Grasswire Working for 80mtrs tru 10 mtrs.

Bob M. baysideq at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:51:53 EST 2004

I've just had the local (body corp) bitch about my dipole L shaped 10mtr +
10mtr
it had worked fine for me for RX and I was goiing to turn it into a
Horizontal Quad/loop
10x10x10x10mtr. this is all the ground I can use.
I'm in VK land right beside a canal with the ocean about 1/2 mile on the
other side

the profile is 45deg up from the canal. I was getting RX strong from JA W
and other locations as well as most VK states on both 40 and 80 mtr with the
L dipole.

I know that the reception will not be as good but I figure If I create a
long single wire mounted on stakes between 6" and 3' high  probably at 6"
that will become a garden edge. The connection into the rig will be at the
high end closet to the house a ground rod.

I'm open to ideas and sugestions.. this is going to be a tempory fix for
about six months untill I can
move. If I can get it to work I also hope to tx o it when I get my call
using a TS530s.

Thanks Bob M.