FW: RE: [TowerTalk] SteppIR VS Force 12

Howard Klein howk2 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:58:12 EST 2004

What I do is model the STACK for the parameters I am most interested in,
usually that is for max gain. I then adjust the elements to those physical
lengths. The software does not know that there is a stack so I must adjust
each antenna individually. The actual procedure is a bit more complex
involving several steps but once recorded to memory it requires only a quick
push of a button.

Howard..K2HK

----Original Message Follows----
From: Pete Smith <n4zr at contesting.com>

I'm curious.  Generally speaking, yagis in a stack need to be optimized for
that use, particularly to get the best F/B ratio out of them.  Does the
SteppIR software "know" that your antennas are in a stack, or is it just
doing what it knows how to do with each antenna as a separate entity?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm