[TowerTalk] RE: One Man Tower-LRFD

Rick Tavan tavan at tibco.com
Thu Feb 19 11:32:57 EST 2004

No, it's a typo. I received the following from Steve Higbee KD6JDM of
One Man Tower USA, the authorized US source:

"Please note:  the website is incorrect on the antenna area rating.  Should
be 5.7 SF.  Antenna area actually is irrelevant in the case of a One-Man
Tower, as you may stand on solid ground and quickly and easily lower a very
large array, even during a strong wind storm.  Our towers are unique in that
respect."

I don't think he really meant "irrelevant" or "very large" either. These
intriguing towers are not the easiest to evaluate. Any testimonials out
there?

/Rick N6XI