[TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Fri Feb 20 15:50:42 EST 2004

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: <K3BU at aol.com>
  To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 2:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise

  > I wonder where is hash coming from. Stepping motors do not have brushes,
they
  > are driven by pulses, but that is VLF. Could it be static from tape
moving
  > inside fiberglass tubes?
  > Jus' wondering.
  >
  > Yuri, K3BU.us

  Good point Yuri. I have been confronted some times with that kind of
phenomena, years ago now. Humidity pressure temperature, al parameters who
can play. Jim had some good suggestions . Allegro has certainly some good
integrated functions  worth while looking closer to resolve the problem, and
find the sollution.
  I dont own a steppir yet, but all this technical talk  I am interested in.

  Jos on4kj