[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Modifcation

Tower (K8RI) tower at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Feb 23 14:33:03 EST 2004

The proximity to an airport here in the states is up to 5 miles.
It's approximately a 20,000 to one ratio in feet from the end of the nearest
runway.  Beyond 5 miles the 200 foot limit for lighting applies.

If closer than 5 miles then I'd make sure it complied with all the gradient
and proximity regulations from the site listed below.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

> Not sure on all the tower specs, but you might be careful on your
> estimations of whether or not it needs lighting. You need to check your
> proximity to the nearest airport, small or large to know whether the tower
> requires lighting. If you are unsure you can contact ASAC or Sitesafe
> (http://tools.sitesafe.com/faa/) for a study.
>
> Cameron

This