[TowerTalk] TH11DX and Belden 9913

Tower (K8RI) tower at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Feb 26 00:01:14 EST 2004

I used the flexible version of 9913 for the rotor loops and had no problem
with them.

I believe Belden also has a flexible version.  As with the flexible version
of LMR-400 it runs slightly more loss (couple tenths of a db)

>     Thanks for all the excellent comments on Belden 9913.  I guess that I
> made the "right" decision in getting the CQ FLEXI 4XL.

The only problem I've had with rotor  loops was when the wind sheared off a
coupleing bolt in the top mast and the antennas made a couple of turns while
the coax ended up serving as a brake.  Twas a bit hard on the jacket.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com