[TowerTalk] grounding

edoc kd4e at arrl.net
Sat Feb 28 21:12:54 EST 2004

> I don't sell anything and have no connection with any of these companies.
> The following page shows The hydraulic drill I build for about $5 and the
> steps for installing the ground rods which are "CadWelded" to the cable.  I
> use the term CadWeld properly as that is the system I used.
> Roger Halstead (K8RI, EN73 & ARRL Life Member)
> N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
> www.rogerhalstead.com

Here in sandy West Central Florida one doesn't even need a hammer to
drive an 8 foot ground rod, they press into the ground by hand! (Really
freaked me at first since I am from NH where one sometimes needs a
diamond-tipped drill to get two or three feet down through the granite!)

The plan here is three 20 foot rods -- it will be interesting to see
how deep I can get them before I need to give them a little
encouragement from my 5 pound sledge.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!  73, doc kd4e