[TowerTalk] 160M Inverted L

Pat Chiles chilesp at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 2 16:19:21 EST 2004

I put one up yesterday.  165 feet (70 feet vertical).  I was able to get 25
random length radials down.  Several of those are 132 feet.  I used a
variable capacitor from a broadcast radio to tune out the reactance at 1830.
I am getting less than  1.5 to 1 from 1800 to 1850.

The impedance of the 1/4 wave vertical is about 35 ohms.  If you make the
inverted L about 165 feet long you will get an input of about 50 ohms.  Then
tune the reactance out with a small capacitor.  The one I am using is good
for at least 100 watts.