[TowerTalk] Type C- Connectors

Byron Tatum bjtatum at ev1.net
Sat Jan 10 23:52:35 EST 2004

Hello-
    Here is a question posed to some of the veterans here : How suitable is the type C coax connector? I have used the usual UHF, BNC, TNC, N, and some HN types over the  years but always passed on using the type C types. I have accumulated a lot of nice mil-spec type C fittings, and some nice RG-213 / RG-214 cable assemblies with good quality type C connectors. I am working on a sizable bulkhead plate that will mount a number of double female bulkhead fittings. I am having trouble finding enough type N bulkheads, but have a lot of the type C ones.This would represent a big savings if I could avoid buying more N-type bulkheads. I would like to use them { inside shack only}, as they are certainly a lot easier and quicker to connect than the type N's. I was curious as to if the type C's ever wear or tend to get loose from repeated connections? I would be connecting / disconnecting multiple cables on a daily basis at this bulkhead plate. The bands of  use will be from 160 meters up to 432 Mhz.
    Thanks, WA5THJ.