[TowerTalk] Short 20m 2l Yagi

Ron & Madhavi mchilkuri at kasnet.com
Tue Jan 13 21:50:17 EST 2004

Joe, I would urge your friend to look up the Force12 site which has a very
good write up on designing short Yagis. It may not be a specific design for
20m, but has a lot of useful information that would be handy to be armed
with. It was there that I learned that on a short Yagi the separation
between driven element and parasitic element resonant freqs are much lesser
than on monoband systems. This helped me with a 2el (loaded) wire yagi I
built sometime ago.

I have built quite a few shortened Yagis with mostly inductively loaded
elements (not the best!), but my next project would make me examine
capacitive and linear loading more closely. In the very recent past, I built
a capacitively loaded vertical which worked so very well that I am convinced
that I should make the second half and make it a vertical dipole! This
obviously is with the ultimate goal of making a Yagi!

I know this didn't answer you specific question, but hope the info on the
Force2 site would be of interest.

73,
Ron, 6Y5/4S7RO