[TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 13, Issue 38

btakacs at nccw.net btakacs at nccw.net
Sat Jan 17 14:01:22 EST 2004

Yes the Pot in the Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator looks like a ordinary pot.  The
one I have got zapped by lightning and was open.  I took the back cover off
the pot and found the wire burnt off at one end.  I cleaned it and put a
drop of solder on it and it worked like knew.  The lightning also got the
end of the choke wire and repaired that the same way..

>Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator pot
>
>I ordered a replacement pot for my Yaesu G-1000DXA rotator. It looks exactly
>like the pot in the indicator. I have never opened one of these rotators up.
>Can someone tell me if the rotator pot is suppose to look like a standard
>pot and not like the pot in a Tail Twister. OR did they send me the wrong
>one?
>
>tnx
>

>Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
>Saskatoon, SK