[TowerTalk] ROOF MOUNT TOWERS

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Fri Jan 23 00:00:10 EST 2004

I live in the city (Washington, DC) and have a 6 footer on my roof
supporting a Force 12 C3-SS quite easily.  I can email you pictures, if
you like.

It isn't guyed, and was relatively easy to put up (although my roof is
steep and the the wx here is windy/cool or stifling hot!).  Been up for
almost 10 years.

Foot-by-foot roof towers aren't cheap, but considering that I can't put
up a tower, it's a great solution.

There used to be lots of variations in roof towers -- although today
you have but two choices here in the USA (Glen Martin Engineering and
IIX).
Mine is Japanese -- made by Alinco.  I've had/used Create Design
(Japanese) for work projects, and have another Japanese one in my
garage.  All are 9 foot or smaller "quadpods" that don't need
guying.  The one I have in the garage is amost 12 ft tall and looks
like a quadpod with a tower section mounted on top.  It needs to be
guyed, but then again, it's very beefy.

Email me if you have any questions or pictures.

73, Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC