[TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 23 06:34:49 EST 2004

I just ran a quick calculation on the UPS web site to ship a 20 pound box,
45x45x8 inches from Los Angeles to NY.  $115 by UPS ground, and they did
calculate by dimensional weight (80 pounds!) plus the oversize surcharge.

Dimensional weight (pounds) = L * W * H / 194

Yep, it's expensive to ship big things.