[TowerTalk] New power line phenomena problem

Gene Smar ersmar at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 10:28:24 EST 2004

Doc et al:

     Yes, grounding/earthing of the barbed wire at regular intervals would
then be required to make the installation safe to humans and livestock,
although at every fence post is overkill.  I've forgotten the specs we used
to follow for designing grounding systems for our substation fences
(directly underneath some power transmission lines), but I think the figure
was every hundred feet or so.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F