[TowerTalk] Reference Messenger cable attachments.

Butterbaugh, Donald DButterb at harris.com
Thu Jan 29 13:59:57 EST 2004

Messenger cables are usually made of steel or plastic coated steel, and are used
to support cables from one structure to another (building to building.). I use
one foot sections of plastic liquidtite conduit to pass the cable thru,  and
cable clamps to fasten the liquidtite to the messenger cable. The liquidtite is
the the non-metallic kind (you dont want to us metal lined type because of the
inductor affect it has on RF and lightning). The liquidtite will protect the RF
line from chaffing due to the stainless steel cable clamp. I usually spread
these out on 3 foot intervals from each other on the messenger cable. If you are
concerned about Ice damage from the building or tower you could conceivably us
liquidtite the entire run.