[TowerTalk] Climbing is risky business

WK6F wk6f at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 31 20:54:27 EST 2004

All these first tower climb stories are great.  I don't have a first
tower story, but I was working for a local ham putting up towers and
antennas when I was in high school  One of the work counselors almost
found out what my actual job was (the climber), and I nearly got me and
the guy I worked for in trouble.  For some reason they didn't like a 16
year old doing that kind of work.  I always felt so relaxed when I was
working "up top" that I never considered it dangerous.

Ken WK6F

Bill Turner wrote:

When I climbed my first tower in 1993, about half way up I realized this
was going to be my last day on earth.  Didn't know exactly how I was
going to die; falling off, tower collapses, tower falls over, etc, etc,
but I knew this was it.  Somehow I made it through and now I climb with
no problems at all.

Needless to say, I'm still here but every now and then I think about
that first time.  :-)
--
73, Bill W6WRT