[TowerTalk] Effective moment and K-factor. Was: Yaesu rotators

Alan AB2OS ab2os at att.net
Thu Jul 1 13:38:33 EDT 2004

Somebody suggested in a private message (not to the reflector) that they
are different: "effective moment" takes into account the distance from
the axis of each component of the total load, whereas Yaesu's "K-factor"
assumes that the whole of the load is located at the farthest point from
the axis. (That's my summary of his argument, not his precise wording.)
Thus the "K-factor" is an extremely conservative approximation of the
effective moment.

Would you agree?

Alan AB2OS

On 07/01/04 01:10 pm K7LXC at aol.com put fingers to keyboard and launched