[TowerTalk] Low dipoles with reflector

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Sat Jul 3 06:19:39 EDT 2004

NEC is good with wires above .05wl, so I just modeled a low
dipole.

Adding "ground screen" improved low angle signal (25
degrees) almost one dB.

It improved 90 degree angle signal 2-1/2 dB.

This was using  medium ground in the model, and a 35 ft high
dipole. Most of the time I saw slightly more than that over
my soil, so the soil below my antenna may have been worse
than medium or the model just a bit generous. I also used an
"Inverted Vee dipole" with lower ends which may have come
into play. I'm sure that would aggravate losses.

73 Tom