[TowerTalk] Narrow Band Filters

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 11:15:24 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/3/2004 11:26:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Jim Brown" <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> writes:

>I'm thinking about building some narrow band filters (as opposed to a bandpass filter that
>covers an entire band) for use on Field Day. The object is to minimize crosstalk between CW
>and sideband stations on the same band. Has anyone tried this?  Is it practical to get enough Q
>to pick up enough rejection to make it worth the trouble?  Certainly 80/75 would be the most
>practical, since it is the greatest percentage bandwidth. Is anyone making a commercial
>product?

This is a good question for cq-contest. Many guys have 2 radio contest set-ups or multi-op stations and deal with this all the time. Checking the archives at www.contesting.com will turn up lots of discussions and info.

Yes, there are several ways to go - buy them or build them yourself.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC