[TowerTalk] ANSI request

Peter Naumburg K5HAB at ARRL.NET
Tue Jul 6 18:08:35 EDT 2004

The county wants to know that my Trylon T-400 complies with ANSI EIA/TIA
222-e, Structural Standards for Steel Antenna Towers and Antenna
Supporting Structures which is referred to in the Uniform Building Code,
Chapter 16, Section 1604, Standards 1, Wind Design.  My PE stated in his
report that "...construction exceeds all load margins required by the
tower manufacturer, and the Uniform Building Code."  Trylon does not
address ANSI EIA/TIA 222-e but says that they meet the "Survival Code"
in that they have about 15k tower standing. Any thoughts on how I can
solve the county's question short of another lawsuit.
Thanks,
Peter K5HAB