[TowerTalk] Stuck tower is unstuck!

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Wed Jul 7 11:43:02 EDT 2004

I have heard of failures using the limit switches. I have them, I maintain them. I just
expect them to stick at the most inopportune time.
So I NEVER remotely raise or lower my system.

When I determined the 'secure feeling' extension limit of my tower, I spray painted a
small band of flourescent paint on the cable.
When that band of paint comes off the drum, I stop.
It also helps when I have the direction switch wrong and it's dark out there.

May not be elegant, but I feel better about it.

It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.