[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Mount & Cold Weather Cameras?

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Wed Jul 7 12:16:15 EDT 2004

Several guys asked me to share what I found.

So far these guys seem to have an interesting variety of packages
that cover everything from the camera to the Internet connection
and remote access priced from $129. up to $1,000.+

http://www.x10.com/products/vanguard_promo.htm

I had read somewhere that they are under some sort of bankruptcy
protection, or were, and considering the drop from their previous
obnoxious level of Internet Spam and pop-up ad presence that
may be so.

A couple of guys mentioned temperature control boxes for cameras
that run off 24vac but I have not yet found a source.

Much of the "competition" for this market comes from high-end
commercial grade products that few of us could afford.

I am guessing there is a specialty market out there for the many
folks who keep more than one property, e.g. FL "Snow Birds"!

I'd just like to put a camera or two up to enjoy the view here,
nothing quite so complex as multiple QTH's.

73, doc kd4e