[TowerTalk] Fulton winches

Tom Anderson WW5L at gte.net
Wed Jul 7 18:18:24 EDT 2004

Fellow DXers:

I didn't have a seizure problem with my Fulton 1550, but several months
ago in a high wind I decided to lower my TriEX WT51.  As I started
lowering it, I noticed the cable was going slack, but the tower wasn't
lowering so I quickly took up the slack before the tower had a chance to
starting coming down without any supporting cable holding it.
Apparently the wind had caused a bind in two of the sections that caused
it to hang and not lower.  I don't know how much cable I might have
cranked off had I not noticed the slack and the winch suddenly crank
down without tension.  With the slakc I wasn't going to take any changes
on two of the sections coming straight down.

Tom, WW5L