[TowerTalk] Tower measurements & broadcast interference

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 17:45:54 EDT 2004

At 03:26 PM 7/9/2004 -0400, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
>But where can one get a N2PK kit?  AS is pointed out, it's very
>inefficient to order parts for a one-of, and the last info on kitting
>is a bit aged.
>
>The URL for the unit is http://users.adelphia.net/~n2pk/
>
>73, doug
>

>    Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
>    From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com>
>
>    The N2PK analyzer uses a heterodyne system that should
>    much less susceptable to BCI.  That is the ultimate
>    solution to this problem.
>
>__

I was about to ask exactly the same question.

  I had been thinking about modifying a SDR1000 to do a similar thing.  It
has the DDS  and the the synchronous modulator and demodulator.   You'd
only really need the latter, of course.  There isn't a convenient output
for the DDS output (to drive the test set), but I think you could pull a
high impedance tap off the output of the DDS output filters and run it to a
suitable buffer.

The other approach is to get the AD9854 eval board from Analog Devices for
$250 and a suitable mixer/receiver as an eval board from Maxim.