[TowerTalk] Stacking Distance for M2'd 6m7JHV?

David O Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Mon Jul 12 19:35:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:02:34 -0500 "Chuck Dietz" <w5pr at swbell.net>
writes:
>  Spacing does not really affect takeoff angle.  Takeoff angle is
> totally
> dependent upon height above ground.  If you have optimum spacing,
> the
> takeoff angle will be the same as an antenna mounted 1/2 way between
> the
> stacked antennas.
>
> Chuck W5PR
>

> May be, but I have always heard 1/2.  Anybody out there with
> experience?
> How does spacing affect take-off angle?

You can download the free program YTAD, which helps to answer
questions such as these at:
http://www.arrl.org/qexfiles/

The latest version of this program, apparently much improved,
is called HFTA. I believe it comes on CD-ROM with purchase of
the ARRL Antenna Book.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA

.