[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] Need info for C4-XL relay box

KJ6Y at aol.com KJ6Y at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 22:09:09 EDT 2004

Rich,
The relays are 12V DC and you supply your own.  Current draw is minimum.
Probably less than 1 amp.  Any 18-22 gauge 2 conductor cable should work fine.
When you engage the relay, there are small coils on each side corresponding
to each half of the antenna.  You're switching those in and out of the circuit.

Adjust the antenna frequency with the coils switched out for phone. Move the
jumpers on the linear loading wires to do this.  Once that is set switch the
coils in and you tune them for CW by spreading or compressing the coils
equally.  I've had some where I had to remove a turn or two to get the frequency
right.
Once set, adjust the matching coil accross the driven element for minimum
SWR.
Good Luck.

Skip, KJ6Y
Communications Service Co