[TowerTalk] Limitation on tower width. Was: RevocationofBuildingPermit?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jul 17 16:40:13 EDT 2004

> But the bottom section is still as much as 32" dia. (too much for the
> OP). And how many cars could I buy for the price of one of those?
>
> Alan AB2OS

The big bertha posting, I suspect was for humor.
But it is interesting to observe how many zoning problems
could be solved by throwing money at the problem.
I know of a case where a ham who paid $1 million for his
house, but didn't want to spend the money to hire a crane
to drop a tower into his back yard, where trees would
shield it from view and satisfy the zoning board.
I noticed he had a $50K+ car in his driveway.

Rick N6RK