[TowerTalk] Cutting slots in aluminum tubing ?

Tim, N9PUZ n9puz at arrl.net
Mon Jul 19 16:31:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:50:51 +0100, Steve London wrote:
> Anyone have any tips for cutting slots in aluminum tubing without
> having a full machine shop at your disposal ?

I have used small milling bits chucked into a normal drill press
before. An economy type drill press and a machinists type vise that
lets you move the work around (from Harbor Freight or somewhere
similar) can get a lot of hobby work done without the expense of a
real mill.

If you just need a couple of slots maybe a Dremel tool with a cutoff
wheel and some small files to clean up the edges will get you by.

Tim,  N9PUZ