[TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 20 12:58:41 EDT 2004

The message below was in reference to "cutting aluminum tubes".  Here the
poster had a very good question and received a good number of replies!  I
would have liked to see these replies as I'm sure I could have learned
something from them.  BUT, because replies to a DISCUSSION list are sent
back PRIVATE unless someone takes the TIME to redirect their answer to the
list, we all loose out!

Now, I figure I could ask the very same question so I could get the desired
replies.  But do you want to say it all over again when it has already been
covered?  On top of that, I would probably have gotten two replies per
answer as I would be copied on the message as well as the list.  That
doesn't make sense!

I would RESPECTFULLY ask that we give it a TRIAL RUN!  August is just
around the corner.  Its very simple to click the button to allow replies to
go to the list rather than the original poster (which he will get because
he is ON the list).  Lets try it for the month of August and see how it
goes!  If everyone hates it, it can be changed back and I will never ever
ever mention it again.  But, if it helps others and really really really
becomes part of a discussion, then we are all better off for it!

Unless I'm wrong and this is not a discussion list.  Rather, its an "ASK
JEEVES" type list where people come to get answers with little desire to
discuss the "why" behind the answer.

:-)

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net