[TowerTalk] Question re: Whole House Surge Protection

Joe WD0M at centurytel.net
Wed Jul 21 17:30:50 EDT 2004

Sorry to hear of your loss.  I'm trying to prevent that happening, and have
just done all the lightning stuff by the book, and am now having the local
cooperative power company install a whole house protector.  We get some
doozies of a thunderstorm/lightning here in this part (southwest) of
Colorado each summer.

Interesting that they won't install it - perhaps the benefit of being in
the boonies here in Colorado is that our coop power company will install
it, and then give you 24 months to pay the $115, no interest.  But we have
no choice in the device, which has its plusses too - if it doesn't work,
they specified and installed it.

Good luck and 73,

Joe
WDØM