[TowerTalk] Re: Thrust bearing

Jerry Keller k3bz at arrl.net
Thu Jul 22 16:54:03 EDT 2004

Chuck, N4NM raises the question whether taking all the vertical weight load off the rotator will have some adverse effect on it, due to failure to "preload" the bearings, etc.
I dunno.
But even though I tried to take "all" the weight on the thrust bearing, since I tightened up the whole thing in the horizontal position I'm pretty sure at least some load is transferred to the rotator.
73,  Jerry K3BZ