[TowerTalk] Hardline from obsolete analog cellular sites (?)

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jul 26 07:53:06 EDT 2004

Do I understand correctly that analog cellular service will be history in
the next year or so?  At that point, won't there be a sudden surge of
surplus 50-ohm hardline available?

   I'm wondering if someone in the industry can comment, and also, if this
is so, what the surplus channels are likely to be.  I'm sure most of it
will be in lengths of 100 feet or so, at least in the eastern part of the
country... or will companies be reusing it for new digital capacity?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on June 5, 2004
2728 contest stations at