[TowerTalk] MARC Software

Julio Peralta jperalta at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 12:13:24 EDT 2004

I've been working with the MARC (Mast,Antenna,Rotor Calculator) software, which is sold by Champion Radio, to do some calculations for my clubs tower project.

While doing the calculations for what we will need for a rotor I noticed that the answer is given in FT-LB of torque. All the rotor specs are in IN-LB of torque. Does anyone know if this is a typo or is it correct? The rotors that are listed all have ratings that could be used if the resultant torque is really IN-LB. Steve suggested dividing the FT-LB number by 12 but the answer is so low that it doesn't seem right.

Is anyone able to shed a little light on this.

Julio, W4HY