[TowerTalk] Re: Topband: Interesting New DX Engineering Product

Tom Rauch w8ji at contesting.com
Tue Jul 27 14:45:09 EDT 2004

> I believe Jerry, W2FMI was responsible for the UN-UN
original designs...he
> was working on his first book when we visited him at his
home in NJ. on our
> way to New England long ago.

If we want to be accurate, an un-un is nothing more than a
simple autotransformer. The first un-uns were actually
constructed in the 1800's or earlier.

If you are speaking about a style or design of transformer,
the transformer DX Engineering sells is very much different
than those in Sevik's articles and book. They are similar in
that they are both RF autotransformers.

73 Tom