[TowerTalk] Lightning Strikes Map

Jerry Keller k3bz at arrl.net
Wed Jul 28 17:40:55 EDT 2004

The spiderballs thread has been very entertaining and occasionally enlightening (no pun).

My grandaughter saw the titles and wanted to know if spiderballs were...yuck!... anything like meatballs, and could we have some with our spaghetti please? Well, I guess I should be glad that's all she asked about them :-)

Here's a great website that shows recent lightning strikes all across the country. You may find it useful... I do. I think they must be monitoring by satellite.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USNationalStd.asp?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=SevereWeather&product=NationalLightning&prodnav=none&pid=none

73,  Jerry K3BZ