[TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 22:07:03 EDT 2004

"There are reports from trained observers...amateurs
with multi-tower
installations...who have observed storms with frequent
cloud to ground
lightning, where that lightning ceased when near the
antenna field, and
resumed after passing it.  So, I am inclined to
believe that a well
grounded
tower system, with or without pointy things, will tend
to reduce the
resistance in the cloud to ground circuit."

we are missing a real chance here.... if we can get
documented proof of this , then , maybe we could get
building codes to insist on "multiple" towers on our
properties to reduce the chance of lightning strikes
to us and our closest neighbors.... that surely would
make everyone happy :-)

Dan N8DCJ