[TowerTalk] Grounding, Lightning & corona discharge

Dan Bookwalter n8dcj at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 09:49:22 EDT 2004

"I would have to trench in a perimeter ground, per
Polyphaser
recommendations, before anything else would begin to
make sense."

this is exactly what i have to do , the main service
entrance (phone and tv too) are on the other end of
the house from where the coax etc... enters the house
so i have to bury some copper to tie the 3 rods at the
shack and the ground rod at the service entrance, i
also need to replace the original service ground rod
as i think its only a 4 footer that is sticking about
18" or so out of the ground. then i have to get the
ground rods at the tower tied into all the others. i
saw Tom mentioned something about MOV's and shunts at
the telephone entrance. at my house the wires come
from the pole to a little box with screw terminals and
then into the house, no MOV's etc.. at all, so i guess
i have to look into that too...

Dan N8DCJ