[TowerTalk] Lightning Energy

WarrenWolff at aol.com WarrenWolff at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 23:24:36 EDT 2004

It seems to me that the "energy" stored in a T-storm cloud is  100% D. C.  Do
we "hear" anything at RF if there is no strike?  Not to  my knowledge; if
there were some minor emission of RF energy, it would most  likely be from
some type of leakage (discharge) within the cloud  structure???

The rise and fall times of the pulse generate a myriad  (infinite set) of
frequencies which diminish in strength as  the generated frequencies are
monitored at higher values.  The steeper these waveforms,  the higher the
values of generated frequencies.

Warren; W5KKW