[TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 29 23:25:49 EDT 2004

Hi Dave,

Maybe it's different now, but earlier GPS units were pretty inaccurate
in the up and down direction.  For example, I was trying out my Garmin
GPS II on the ferry boat between Vancouver and Vancouver Island.  It
informed me at one point that I was 400 ft below sea level!  I
considered complaining to the Captain about his poor seamanship skills
but thought better of it. :-)

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO