[TowerTalk] Funniest thing I've seen in weeks

Jim Smith jimsmith at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 30 04:46:06 EDT 2004

Hi Tom,

First of all, I'm very nervous about dipping my toe into the pool where
the big boys swim, but here goes.

First of all, the MANY that you refer to has now been decremented by 1.
Thank you.

I'm trying to understand your statement below.

If the received noise is uniformly distributed in azimuth I would think
that additional gain, presuming that it comes from a narrower azimuthal
pattern, would increase the SNR of the desired signal.

If there is a lot of noise from one direction and the increased
directivity is such that there is now a null in the direction of the big
noise then the SNR of the desired signal would increase a lot.

Am I on the right track here or totally out to lunch?

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO