[TowerTalk] antenna magic

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 10:22:43 EDT 2004

Quoth the press release:

"The distributed- load, monopole antennas are smaller, produce high
efficiency, and retain good to excellent bandwidth. And they have multiple
applications."

Most of the applications discussed seemed to apply to vhf/uhf/shf
spectrum.   I have a call in to Rob Vincent now.  It'll be interesting
to see if he calls back, and how his work differs from an ordinary,
shortened, loaded monopole.   A hamstick, after all, is a distributed load
monopole.  He's only claiming doubled range...and raising base impedance
by a factor of 2 to 4 would do that, working against a lousy ground plane.

Most interested to see what Vincent has to say, versus our speculations.

N2EA
jimjarvis at ieee.org