[TowerTalk] Magic?

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Jun 9 07:05:38 EDT 2004

At 10:01 PM 6/8/2004, WarrenWolff at aol.com wrote:

>All  of this banter reminds me of an old study we USAF
>guys paid for at Syracuse University years ago.  It was
>about a principle called the "Chu Limit".  Mathematically,
>we reverified that within a confined volume there was a
>limit to what one could do with an antenna.
>
>New configurations, yes.  Significant improvement in
>performance, I would vote, "NO".

  Googling "Chu Limit" produced a lot of interesting references, for those
who are interested.  Several, at least, seem to be from serious,
peer-reviewed journals.  To my non-scientific eye, they tend to support
TANSTAAFL.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on June 5, 2004