[TowerTalk] KLM 40-3A Parts

Charles L. Smith smitymax at direcway.com
Thu Jun 10 22:03:59 EDT 2004

Mike:

The "coaxial matching section"  is made up of 17 feet of RG 302 and RG 303
which is 75 ohm and 50 ohm coaxial cable ...one piece of each... soldered in
parallel on each end to a PL 256 connector.  One end connects to a 1:1 balun
connected to the driven elements, and the other end connects via a barrel
connector to our coax feed line.  You need pretty good quality coax to make
this up to handle the power and a good high power balun.
      I am still using the original on mine..about 6 years and still seems
to be OK.  Would like to find a source for the coax to make up a spare just
in case.

Good luck:

Chuck,  W6ASO