[TowerTalk] Alfa Spid Rotator

Howard Klein howk2 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 11:11:04 EDT 2004

Alan wrote: So you are saying that running the coax down through the mast
and
rotator doesn't really allow one to dispense with a rotor loop?

That was another of the things I liked about the AlfaSpid -- although,
if I am reading their online info. correctly, these things are
significantly more expensive than I thought: exchange rate problem?

Alan AB2OS

Alan,
I have been using two AlfaSpid rotators for several months and have found
them flawless. They turn my 4 el SteppIR''s in all the the wind we have here
with no complaint, they stop where you want them, they are easily reset to
North (or wherever you want). No brake to worry about and an accurate
digital readout. Presets are possible, control from a logging program
(TRXManager in my case), limits easily set, etc. The price is quite
competitive for rotators in this class. I think it appears obvious I am
extremely pleased with these rotators. If you have specific questions I can
answer please contact me.
The usual disclaimer my only interest is as a satisfied user.

73,
Howard...K2HK