[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 - how many beams?

Brad Hedges bhedges at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 14:21:20 EDT 2004

I'm planning on upping my Rohn 25G to about 115 ft this summer (from 45 ft),
and I'd like to stack as many beams as I can, up to five, if possible (HF).

I intend to guy every 30 ft, +/-, and only the top two - either a KT-34A or
a TH7-DXX, and a HyGaine 2L 40M - would rotate. The plan being to fix
additional tri-banders on JA at ~90 ft, on EU at ~70, and on SA at ~50 ft.
Phase fed through a pair of WX0B Stackmatches.

Is this possible? or should I just accept as fact that it is too much load,
and find a heavier tower (I've got my eye on !00 ft each of Rohn 45G and
AB-105)?

I live in central N.Carolina - I'm Army, stationed at Ft. Bragg - and the
soil is mostly sand over clay. Wind rating is 80 MPH. Where can I find guy
anchor recommendations? Anybody able to help me here?

Thanks,

Brad
K0BHC