[TowerTalk] Rain-proofing Polyphaser Arrestors

Tom Hybiske thomas.hybiske at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 23:02:38 EDT 2004

I'm in the process of installing a number of Polyphaser IS-B50 arrestors on a .120" thick copper bulkhead plate. The plate is mounted over an 8" core hole in my foundation wall through which will pass all of my coax.  Due to the N male/female connector configuration on IS-B50 device, I believe they all must be mounted on the outside of the plate rather than behind the plate and out of the weather.  My question is whether anyone has a fool proof, homebrew method of waterproofing besides a thorough coating of RTV.  There appears to be a waterproofing kit available from Polyphaser, but I have no idea what the kits includes.  Also, has anyone tried swapping the connectors so the "antenna" end is male and the "equipment" end is female?