[TowerTalk] RE: Antenna Separation

Carrington, Walter Walter.Carrington at umassmed.edu
Tue Jun 15 21:10:24 EDT 2004

>How close can you mount VHF/UHF antennas without a serious negative impact?
>Assume (for example) that I want to put the following antennas on one mast:
>   1) HF Yagi
>   2) 6m Yagi
>   3) 144MHz Yagi
>   5) 432MHz Yagi
>   6) 1.2GHz Yagi
One way to approach this is to look at what successful VHF contest rovers do.
They place the antennas very close to each other sometimes inches.
www.qsl.net/n9rla    <http://www.qsl.net/n9rla>   has pictures of several rovers
user.adelphia.net/~w3iy/fstack.htm   has done modeling of closely spaced stacks.
Some successful vhf fixed contesters also have fairly closely spaced stacks of yagis.
For EME,  every fraction of a db counts and the above may not be good enough.
Walter, K1CMF,  Ashburnham, MA  FN42bq