[TowerTalk] Horizontal Pol Quad; Square or Diamond?

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 02:01:05 EDT 2004

If we feed a quad antenna from the bottom, we end up with a horizontal
polarized antenna.  My question is about the support structure or the
arrangement of the wire.

Is a BOX (x-frame) better or worse than a DIAMOND (+ frame)?

My guess is that the DIAMOND antenna will shed water better and have an
less likely to have ice issues.  But I could also argue the other
way.  This is a structural issue.

I'm MORE interested in the PERFORMANCE issue!  Do you get a better
horizontal pattern from a BOX or a DIAMOND?

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net